Local Dining Ideas:
Scottsdale is known for its great dining scene. Here are a few recommendations around the North Scottsdale area.
- Sassi - Romantic, upscale Italian dining with some of the best views around. And if you are looking for a more casual experience, there is a large bar menu. This is located within a couple of minutes of the hotel.
- Zinc Bistro - Wonderful French bistro in the Kierland shopping center.
- Mastros Ocean Club - This high-end steak and seafood restaurant in Kierland continues to impress each time.
- Shake Shack - The famous burger chain just opened a location in Kierland Commons.
- Pure Sushi - Great sushi can be found at Pure. Be sure to try the Box Sushi. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Eddie V's - This upscale seafood restaurant has been thriving for many years. It is located in the Scottsdale Quarter shopping center.
- True Food Kitchen - Looking for healthy, but satisfying food? True Food Kitchen in Scottsdale Quarter is the perfect place. It also has a juice/smoothie bar attached called Juby True.
- Harold's - Harold's in Cave Creek is a casual dining restaurant that is great for sports watching, grabbing a drink, learning the two-step and people watching.
- Spiga Italian - Another good Italian option in North Scottsdale.
- Brix Wine Bar - This small wine bar in Carefree is also a wine shop.
Ideas for Shopping:
Far North Scottsdale/Carefree/Cave Creek
- Carefree Town Center - Enjoy lovely art and boutiques and wonderful dining when you visit the town of Carefree. In addition to lots of Native American and Southwestern art, there is also a charming tea salon with a retail area.
- El Pedregal - High-end boutiques and galleries as well as dining just south of The Boulders Resort.
- Downtown Cave Creek - Channel your inner cowboy and cowgirl and shop downtown Cave Creek. It offers an eclectic and fun variety of stores.
North Scottsdale/Central Scottsdale Shopping
- Kierland Commons - Charming open-air mall with many shopping and dining options. Retailers include Sur le Table, Barnes and Noble, Crate and Barrel, Banana Republic and many more.
- Scottsdale Quarter - Newer open-air mall with major retailers like Apple, Restoration Hardware and The Gap as well as many dining and entertainment options, including the iPic Theater.
- Desert Ridge Marketplace - Over 1.2 million square feet of retail in North Phoenix, including Old Navy, DSW Shoe Warehouse, and more, and dining and entertainment options.
Downtown/ Old Town Scottsdale
- Old Town Scottsdale - The heart of downtown Scottsdale. Dozens of galleries and boutiques abound.
- Scottsdale Fashion Square- Lovely, multi-story mall with Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Macy's and more.
- Scottsdale Waterfront - Newer shopping and dining district located south of Scottsdale Fashion Square.
- Biltmore Fashion Park - Elegant, open-air Biltmore District shopping center featuring upscale shopping and dining.
Culture and Entertainment:
- The Musical Instrument Museum - A one-of-a-kind facility in North Phoenix that highlights music, instruments and musicians from all over the world.
- Taliesin West - The Western home of Frank Lloyd Wright. An architectural masterpiece.
- Heard Museum - Features spectacular Southwestern art.
- Phoenix Art Museum - Over 17,000 works of art from all over the globe.
- Desert Botanical Garden - Learn about desert flora and fauna as well see unique exhibits. The also have year-round events like live music in the garden and more.
- Phoenix Zoo - Come see and learn about animals from all over the world. A monkey exhibit allows you to get up close to squirrel monkeys as they frolic in their enclosure. A newer splash pad area leads to a lot of family fun.
- Butterfly Wonderland - Get up close and personal with thousands of butterflies at Butterfly Wonderland.
- OdySea Aquarium - This brand new aquarium is spectacular. Over 10,000 sea animals live there. The facility has touch tanks and a 3-D movie as well. Entry is timed, so you will want to buy tickets in advance.
Sports and Outdoor Pursuits:
- Hike Pinnacle Peak - Challenge yourself by hiking Pinnacle Peak and enjoy the majestic views from the top.
- Mc Dowell Sonoran Preserve - With almost 28,000 acres and 100 miles of trails, the Mc Dowell Sonoran Preserve has an experience for everyone. Walk, hike, bike or horseback ride through the preserve.
- Hike Camelback Mountain - Get a workout hiking Camelback Mountain in Phoenix, one of the most iconic locations in the Valley.
- Golf - There are dozens of excellent public courses for golfers to enjoy all over the area, like Grayhawk, Troon North and TPC .
- Desert Jeep Tours - Want to see the desert up close and learn more? Take a fun jeep tour and explore the area.
- Hot Air Balloon Adventure - Take a hot air balloon ride at dawn or sunset and experience the beauty of the desert terrain.
- Trail Rides - Close-by MacDonald's Ranch offers group trail rides in the day or you can even book moonlight trail rides.
- Scottsdale Convention and Visitors Bureau - Great information on local events and happenings in Scottsdale.
Fun Day Trips:
All of these cities and towns can be accessed within a couple of hours from Scottsdale. Do a day trip, or extend your stay and explore the area.